This issue highlights the Board’s 2013 data in the annual “Year in Review.” The Board adopts extensive new policy on prescribing controlled substances for pain and Board president, Dr. Camnitz gives a look inside the NCMB’s case review process. Licensees may now upload photographs to their licensee information pages and physicians are encouraged to ensure the new NC death certificate is filled out correctly. This issue also includes updates about upcoming open Board member positions, a NCMB staff position and the recently published NCMB Annual Report.
- More problems with death certificates Some certifiers missing new requirements | by Scott G. Kirby, MD
- Making the tough calls: inside the NCMB’s case review process | by Paul S. Camnitz, MD
- NCMB Job Opening: Assistant Medical Director
- Year in Review: A look back at data from 2013
- NCMB publishes guide to closing a medical practice
- New NCMB Annual Report offers more depth
- Board adopts extensive new policy on prescribing controlled substances for pain
- Picture this: add a photo to your licensee information page
- NCMB, individual staff members win accolades
- Quarterly Board Actions Report, November 2013-January 2014
- Interested in serving on the Medical Board?
- Walker secures spot on FSMB committee